Requirements for Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is a small download (< 200 MB) and has a disk footprint of < 500 MB. VS Code is lightweight and should easily run on today's hardware.
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM
VS Code is supported on the following platforms:
- OS X El Capitan (10.11+)
- Windows 8.0, 8.1 and 10, 11 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Linux (Debian): Ubuntu Desktop 16.04, Debian 9
- Linux (Red Hat): Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, CentOS 7, Fedora 34
Additional Linux requirements
- GLIBCXX version 3.4.21 or later
- GLIBC version 2.17 or later
For a list of currently known issues, see our FAQ.