Settings are how a user can configure your extension. Settings can be inputs boxes, booleans, dropdowns, lists, key/value pairs. If your extension requires the user to configure specific settings, you can open the Settings UI and query your extension setting via the setting ID.
- Add default values to each setting
- Add clear descriptions to each setting
- Link to documentation for complicated settings
- Link to additional settings that are related
- Link to setting IDs when needing the user to configure specific settings
- Create your own settings page/webview
- Create long descriptions
This example links to a specific setting using the setting ID.